Have you ever picked up a package of food in the grocery store, looked at the back and not really been sure what those unpronounceable ingredients are? Me too! (And I've taken courses in this stuff!) Does it drive you crazy when you hear a news report about a new health study and realize that the results being reported today are the exact opposite of the results of a study published just last week? I'm right next to you shaking my head in bewilderment. Knowing the basics of simple nutrition is no longer simple. Feeding a family has somehow gotten overwhelming and confusing.
Each October there is a challenge that goes out in the blogging world: Write about the same topic every day for 31 days. I've never participated before but this year I am joining the challenge! I will spend October helping you navigate the world of family nutrition! Step by step, we will decode those nutrition labels and make it all make sense. It will be just like you are sitting at my kitchen table or walking through my gardens with me. In exactly the same way that I mentor some of the people who come to our farm and buy vegetables, you and I will chat about how to create a well-balanced diet and how to feed confident about the foods you are feeding to your family. We'll take it slowly and it will all start to make sense.
What We'll Be Talking About This Month:
- How To Impact Our Kids 80 Years From Now
- Everything You Need To Know About Calories
- How to Read A Nutrition Label
- Anti-Nutrients: Avoiding the Vitamin Robbers
- Living Food
- Creating A Well Balanced Diet
- How The Digestion System Works
- Food Combining
- Those Unpronounceable Ingredients: Which ones do I need to Avoid?
- Organic Foods: What's the Big deal? (Foods to Buy Organic, Foods to Not Buy Organic)
- GMO's: What Are They and Why The Fuss?
- Fancy Schmancy Specialty Diets (Paleo, Gluten Free, etc.)
- The High Cost of Cheap Food (Packaged Foods)
- How Your Diet Affects Your Arteries and Your Cholesterol Levels
- Principles for Optimal Health
- Menu Planning
- Breakfast: Is It Really The Most Important Meal of the Day?
- Lunch: When You Have To Eat Well Away From Home
- Dinner: The Family Meal Table
- Tour My Kitchen: Tools To Make Healthy Eating Simple
Now I realize today isn't exactly October 1st. That's because we were travelling last week. I know my limits and there was no way I could finish researching and writing this week's posts while we were on the road. But it IS the first Monday in October, so it's as good a time to start as any! Meet me back here tomorrow and we'll get started!
Is there something you want to talk about that isn't mentioned above? Leave me a comment below and I will take it into consideration!
In the meantime, be sure to pick up your own FREE copy of my Granola Ebook by filling out the form below:
Inside the Granola Ebook you will find 12 incredibly delicious, themed monthly recipes. They are oil-free and can be made gluten free using gluten free oats. Here is a peek at some of the delicious granola recipes you will find inside the Granola ebook!