Disclaimer: This post does contain affiliate links. We appreciate your support!
Papa the Farmer and I have an ongoing disagreement. He says I have a bit of a book problem. (I have too many!) Personally, I think I have a bookSHELF problem. (We don't have enough!) Nah… You can never have too many books, right?
When ereaders came out, I thought to myself, “What a dumb thing. Who would ever want one of those?” They just seemed so bleak and electronic with no personality at all. Who ever heard of curling up in the bathtub with a good… technological device? For a lady with a blog you'd be surprised at just how not-techie I really am. I'm probably the last person in my generation to not have a cell phone. Come to think of it, I don't even have a cordless phone. We did however, recently get rid of our rotary phone. (Applause, anyone?) So I thought I'd be one of the last people holding out against ebooks, too.
But I did end up getting a Kindle and it has completely changed my reading experience! Here's a few things I love about it!
- It holds 3,500 books. Three THOUSAND Five Hundred Books! And you can keep it in your purse. That's right folks! A whole library right in your purse! No more taking stacks of books on vacation with me. Papa the Farmer doesn't have to complain about the pile of 15 books I am “currently reading” sitting on my nightstand. It all fits on one device that is smaller and lighter than a paperback book.
- FREE Books! Amazon offers so many Free books in the Kindle e-store! I've discovered some wonderful books this way!
- I can read my pdf books (that are not available in Kindle format) simply by emailing them to my Kindle account.
- Free 3-G wireless means that I can order a book directly from my kindle and be reading it within 60 seconds! No shipping and no taxes!
- You can lend Kindle books out – and you'll automatically get them back 14 days later! No more wondering who I lent that book to, or being frustrated that they didn't return it.
- It will even read audiobooks to you! (I haven't tried that feature yet!)
I like to read my ebooks on my Kindle, but if you don't own one, there are other ways to read them!
- PDF's can be read on your computer using a pdf reader such as Adobe Acrobat Reader. Kindle books can be read by installing the Free Kindle Reading App on your computer.
- If you don't have a kindle, you can install the Free Kindle Reading App on any device – including your phone! (YOUR phone. Not MY phone. My phone plugs into the wall, remember? But if you've got a Smart Phone, you can read ebooks on it!)
- If the book is really great and you want to keep it handy, you can always print it out and place it in a binder or have it bound at your local print shop.
Now, why am I telling you this?
Because I am so excited to finally be able to tell you about a BIG SECRET I've been sitting on for a while now… Several Bloggers have come together to bring you The Ultimate Homemaking Ebook Bundle. This is a complete library of ebooks about homemaking and child-raising. Many topics are covered! Cleaning, Organizing, Decor, Children's Education, Character Training, Discipling, Budgeting, Health, Cookbooks, Pregnancy, Baby Care, Marriage, Romance, Motherhood, Parenting, Fitness, Beauty, Working At Home… ALL These topics are included in the 97 ebooks included in this library! Plus, there are 5 e-courses included in this sale AND a whole bunch of AMAZING bonus offers!
I am so, so excited to share the whole list of what's included with you… For now, take a look at that picture above. Those are some of the book covers! So come back on Monday and I'll tell you all the details!