Battle of the Laundry Pile: How To Win Without Making the Kids Go Naked!
Do you wear clothes? Do you have laundry? In the “battle of the laundry pile” is the laundry pile winning? If you answered yes to any (or ALL!) of those questions there’s something in this book to help inspire you! I have packed Battle of the Laundry Pile: How to Win Without Making The Kids Go Naked full of great resource and tips! And best of all…. for a limited time you can get this $14.95 book FREE with a donation to a very special cause. (More on that in a minute!)
I asked the laundry experts (Moms of large families) to share their laundry systems and best laundry tips. Together, the 4 ladies featured in these pages have 28 children! If there's one thing they know a lot about, it's laundry! These Moms went above and beyond to help us out! Not only did they explain their systems in detail, but they took pictures and gave us a behind-the-scenes photo tours of the laundry rooms! You are going to be amazed!
What You'll Find:
- 4 Laundry Experts (Moms of Large Families) give detailed tours of their laundry system
- Tips to help you develop your own laundry system that works for your unique family
- Articles for Laundry Inspiration and Encouragement
- Tutorials to show you how simple it is to make your own non-toxic laundry soap or non-toxic laundry cream concentrate
- Laundry Symbols Guide
- Laundry Coloring Pages for your little ones
- Laundry Stickers for your Day Planer
Click here to see our other products, or purchase Battle of the Laundry Pile right here:
(This book was originally written as a fundraiser for orphans in Eastern Europe. The rest of this post applies to that effort which is now over.)
- And, what might be my favorite feature of all….
EXCLUSIVE LAUNDRY COUPONS!
(Sorry! Coupons have now expired.)
I asked on Facebook what your favorite laundry products are and you answered! I contacted four of those companies and they have very graciously agreed to partner with us and offering you an exclusive coupon! You will find coupons for: 25% off Jenuinely Pure Soap Nuts 20% off Molly’s Suds 10% off your next order at Deborah & Co $2 off your Homemaker’s Friend Day Planner at Homemaker’s Depot. (The couponssays $1, but it will take $2 off your order!)
These are INCREDIBLE family-run businesses owned by really fabulous people! I am so honored to be partnering with them on this project. Even if you don't download the ebook, please check these companies out!
How This Book Helps Orphans:
This is an incredible ebook that is going to bless so many families! But it's not a typical for-profit ebook. This book has a special purpose: It's helping us raise money to bless orphans!
In December 2015, our family hosted 3 brothers and sisters from an Eastern European orphanage in our home for a month. After a child in an orphanage turns 5 years old, they only have a 20% chance of being adopted. It's even lower if they are part of a sibling group. The children “age out” of the orphanage at 16. If they haven’t been adopted they must leave. Of the children who “age out,” 80% of the young men enter a life of crime and 60% of the young ladies become prostitutes. They simply don’t have the skills they need to survive as an adult. Within 2 years (by age 18), 15% of the children who “aged out” of the system kill themselves.
But, there is HOPE! If a child has been hosted and they know that their host family loves them and they have value, their chances of ending up on the street or being trafficked drops to below 20%! Hosting truly makes a deep impact in these children's lives.
These are our host children and we LOVE them SO MUCH! We couldn't have asked for sweeter, more likeable children. They are so precious to us! This summer we want to bring all 3 of them back to our home, with their younger sister! Instead of selling my ebook Battle of the Laundry Pile: How To Win Without Making The Kids Go Naked I am offering it FREE to anyone who makes a donation to our host children's account at New Horizons for Children. (It's tax-deductible!) New Horizons is asking for a minimum $10-15 donation so that your donation doesn't get eaten in pay pal fees).
HERE'S HOW TO GET YOUR FREE COPY:
(Sorry! This offer has expired.)
- Go to our host children’s You Caring page and donate to our host children’s account. Since your donation goes directly to New Horizons for Children you will get a tax deductible receipt!
- Come back to this blog post and enter your information in the form below. You will be taken directly to the ebook! (As an added bonus, you’ll be added to our email list. Be sure to add “info@GoodOldDaysFarm.com” to your address book so that my emails aren’t blocked. You’ll want to look in the footer of the first email from me because there are special surprises for you there!)
- Please share this web page with anyone who would be interested in great laundry tips, or just helping a really special cause! Our hashtag is #BattleOfTheLaundryPile
Thank you so much for your encouragement and support! Your donation and your download are truly changing lives!
Why is Orphan Hosting So Expensive?
For those of you who are curious about the financial aspect of all this… Hosting may seem expensive, but when I break down the cost, it really is reasonable. One trip to America costs just under $3,000 per child. (We are hosting 4 brothers and sisters, so with discounts it comes to $10,700. That includes passports, visas, train tickets, plane tickets (there are 4 flights!), a hotel stay if they are unexpectedly delayed, food for the trip and a chaperon to accompany them. This does not include the costs they incur while here. They arrive with just the clothes on their backs, so our family pays for everything they need while here and also sends them home with a duffel bag and backpack full of clothes, winter coats, winter boots, shoes, a special toy and snacks for the trip. This ebook is fundraising for JUST the cost of hosting. I am hoping to raise enough money to bring them back a couple more times while we wait and see if adoption is going to be possible. Any extra money will be put towards scholarships for bringing other sibling groups to host families.
Here's how much time is left until our first deadline. We need the first $6,000 by April 22. You can help us meet our goal. Click here to help!