I've rarely met a book I didn't want to keep, but I do love a good Bookswap! I love books, I love orphans… what better fundraiser than a Bookswap that helps orphans? I've been working very hard cleaning my bookshelves and getting ready for this. It's going to be so much fun! If you live locally to Dallas, you are invited!
Here's How The BookSwap Works:
- Go through your books and find any that you aren't going to read. Purge! Then bring your excess books to me by Tuesday, May 24, 2016. (Email me at GoodOldDaysFarm@gmail.com for directions to my house if you are local to Dallas. (This is an in-person event.) I will give you a coupon stating how many books you brought.
- We are asking a minimal donation to participate. I suggest $5 for individuals and $10 for families. (But if you can't, you can't. Come anyway!)
- I will sort and organize the books on Wednesday.
- Come on Thursday, May 26, 2016 and bring the coupon I gave you! (This is the only record of how many books you are allowed to take!) Bring your family and have fun browsing! Take home as many books as you brought.
- On Friday, May 27, 2016 I will be selling whatever books at left at discount prices. If you didn't swap books, come buy some! If you swapped books, but want more, come back! I am personally donating hundreds of books from my own collection so there will be lots left to sell on Friday!
- We will also have homemade pear butter and Lemonade for sale. Yum!
What This Supports
Our 3 host children. This summer, their younger sister will be coming, too!
Orphan Hosting changes lives. It helps the children know they are loved by a family and that significantly reduces their risk of entering a life of crime or being trafficked in their teenage years. Our family fundraises to cover the cost of their visas, passports, train tickets, airplane tickets and other travelling expenses. (These expenses have been met for their summer visit.) They arrive with only the clothes they are wearing and our family provides for all their needs when they are here. We buy them clothes and toiletries, take them on fun outings and take them to the dentist and eye doctor. We also buy them each a duffel bag and backpack and cram it full of as much as we can send back to the orphanage with them. We send clothes, shoes, winter boots, a winter jacket, toiletries and fun items for the children who had to remain at the orphanage. Any extra donations will be saved to put towards the $1,000 deposit to bring the children back at Christmas time. (We are trying to adopt these children, but the adoption won't be complete by then).
I live in Blue Ridge, TX (northeast of Dallas, TX). If you live locally and want to come, email me at GoodOldDaysFarm@gmail.com for directions!
Want A Sneak Peek?
I have started sorting through my own books and I've promised Papa-the-Farmer that these books won't be coming back into our house. These are only our extra homeschooling and children's books, I still have 4 more bookshelves to purge! As you can see, there will be plenty for everyone!